Roulette – Everything you need to know
Play roulette online and with a little luck, you could win Stars at the online casino!
This guide will provide you with all of the relevant information and tips you need on the game to be a success!Did you know: It is highly likely that roulette was originally created in Italy in the 17th century. The game then became popular across the whole of the Europe in the 18th century, especially in France.
By the 1970s, the game was mainly found and played in casinos, especially those in Las Vegas and Monte Carlo. The increase in popularity of the Internet gave rise to online casinos, and with it a further increase in the popularity of roulette for players around the world.
Here’s how to play Roulette
The rules for Roulette are simple: You just have to put your selected amount of chips on to the field of the table that indicates the number you’d like to bet on. If the ball lands on the correct colour, number or group of numbers that you bet on, then you win!
The live croupier assigned to your online casino table ensures that everything runs smoothly when playing. The table limits and stakes are also usually pre-defined, meaning that there is a minimum and maximum amount of Stars that you can bet.
Roulette has two types of bets: Inside bets and Outside bets
Outside bets usually provide the player better chances of winning than inside bets. Inside bets involve players placing bets on the numbers in the middle of the table. The winnings are larger – if the ball falls in your favour. The chances of this happening are much smaller however, regardless of whether you’re playing roulette at a real casino or an online casino.
Roulette offers the following outside bets (based on the French casino style layout):
- Red/Black: You decide which colour the ball is going to land on with this bet. To do this, simply place your chips on the red or black field. The odds of a pay out are 1:1, and your chances of winning are 48.6%.
- Even/Odd: You decide whether the ball is going to land on an odd or even number with this bet. To do this, simply place your chips on the odd or even field. The odds of a pay out are 1:1, and your chances of winning are 48.6%.
- Low/High: You decide whether the ball is going to land on a number between 1 to 18, or 19 to 36 with this To do this, simply place your chips on the relevant numbered field. The odds of a pay out are 1:1, and your chances of winning are 48.6%.
- Column: You choose a vertical column of 12 numbers for this bet. To do this, simply place your chips below the last number of the column you want to bet on. The odds of a pay out are 2:1, and your chances of winning are 32.4%.
- Dozen: This bet also involves choosing 12 numbers. Simply put your chips on whether you think the ball will in the 1st dozen (1-12), 2nd dozen (13-24) or 3rd dozen (25-36). The odds of a pay out are 2:1, and your chances of winning are 32.4%.
Roulette offers the following inside bets:
- Six Line/Double Street: This is a bet made on 6 consecutive numbers that form two horizontal lines. To bet on this, simply place your chips on the outer corner shared by the two leftmost or the two rightmost numbers. The odds of a pay out are 5:1, and your chances of winning are 16.2%.
- Corner/Square: This is a bet made on 4 consecutive numbers. To bet on this, simply place your chips on the corner where all the four numbers meet. The odds of a pay out are 8:1, and your chances of winning are 10.8%.
- Trio: This is a bet made on 3 consecutive numbers. To bet on this, simply place your chips on the corner shared by all three numbers. The odds of a pay out are 11:1, and your chances of winning are 8.1%.
- Split: This is a bet made on 2 numbers. To bet on this, simply place your chips on the edge shared by both numbers. The odds of a pay out are 17:1, and your chances of winning are 5.4%.
- Single: This is a bet made on 1 number. To bet on this, simply place your chips on the number of choice. The odds of a pay out are 35:1, and your chances of winning are 2.8%.
Read the following tips and you’ll be an expert in no time at the casino and online roulette tables!
- The rules of roulette may be simple, but the has endless possibilities for both beginners and experts. The general rule is: a good system or strategy for every bet together with a little luck should help you win more!
Tip: You should check out all of the differing variations of roulette in order to have the most success online. Read about the Martingale system, or the James Bond system for example.
- Be aware that there is a whole wealth of roulette variations available to play at online casinos such as: European Roulette, French Roulette, Pinball Roulette, Multi Wheel Roulette, Card Roulette or American Roulette.
Tip: Quality gaming providers like Casino of Gold offer a massive selection of roulette games to meet all needs and moods. There really is something for everyone here, you just need to make the choice!
- Want to win the most amount of Stars possible? Then pay attention to winning odds from your first bet on!
Tip: You should be fully aware that you can only really improve your chances of winning by keeping an eye on the odds, but even then, you still need a healthy dose of luck on your side!
Conclusion: Roulette is a casino game that offers countless possibilities to have fun and also win Stars. As a quality gaming provider, Casino of Gold also protects against fraud and guarantees an extremely high level of online roulette gaming in many different variations.
Discover the whole range of online casino classics in all their glory and variations, and claim the many bonus offers available regularly to you as a loyal Casino of Gold customer!
Welcome to slot heaven!
That’s not all we have to offer! Players who enjoy our casinos and online roulette can also experience the magic and exciting gameplay of the many Online slots in our portfolio! Some of the most popular include Egyptian adventure, Book of Ra, the scorching action of Sizzling Hot deluxe and the magical Lucky Ladys Charm. Many of these offer amazing extra features and tantalising treats like progressive jackpots, free spins and much more. If high win chances and entertainment galore are your thing, then you should try out the online slots Eye of Horus, Lord of the Ocean or Dolphins Pearl, you’ll be amazed!
And what’s even better: your next adventure in the best online casino is just a few clicks away and can be experienced on your desktop and mobile devices!
Online Roulette – you’ll be a fan from the very first spin!
The game isn’t just playable in the best fully licensed real-money casinos. The ball is rolling all around the world on free roulette tables as well, and the popularity of the game continues to increase!
Before you head to one of our tables to try your luck, let’s take a brief glimpse at roulette’s interesting success story:
1806: Ludwig XV tried to have the game banned in the 18th century, shortly afterwards, Napoleon Bonaparte decreed it legal to play roulette in the palace casinos, and only there.
666: This is what you get when you add up all of the numbers on a roulette table, and it is why the game has been given the hellish nickname, ‘The Devil’s Game.’
0: This wasn’t originally a number you could bet on when free roulette was still a game played between friends. The double zero was introduced in casinos to try and increase the house’s advantage as the number didn’t match any winning combinations. Many casinos later eradicated one of the zeros to try and improve the winner’s chances once again.